Well, the first thing I am doing is giving you the non-related visual for today's entry. It's what the bottom of the tub looked like after I finally washed my dreads for the first time. (Oh, come on, Berneda - you love it. Don't act like you don't.)And now, in no particular order:
1. I'm rewarding myself with some blog time for having trudged through two hours of working on a business plan for school. I need to present it to the director of education by next week in order to waive Practice Building II. Ugh! I know why I was not a business major in college.
2. I am trying not to think about what various pieces of chocolate I've hidden around the house. It's not really hidden (to me, anyway) and besides, there's no danger of them being found: I'm too lazy to get out of my chair.
3. I am icing my thoracic vertebrae around T4 and 5. I lifted by nephew out of his car seat yesterday (he's not even a year old!) and threw my back out. OK, that is waaaay pathetic. So it's an old, recurring old injury but still. The chiropractor put it back in today and told me it's a subluxation of the transverse processes of the affected vertebrae. My pathology teacher will be glad to know I actually understand this. And I'm glad to know it's not a herniated disc as I always believed it was. Go figure.
4. I am pretending you care.
5. I am trying to ignore the fact that my feet are cold (to say nothing of my lower back). Again, too lazy to actually do anything about it.
6. Am putting off going to bed. Again.
7. Am looking out the window at a gorgeous, buttery moon on the wane. Oh, look! It's disappearing behind a cloud now...
8. I'm subjecting Brooks (who's sitting on the floor behind me) to new songs I've purchased for the purpose of doing Thai Yoga Massage. Right now it's F.H.H.(Instrumental) by RJD2. My absolute favorite is an album called "Soon it Will be Cold Enough" by Emancipator. Kodiak turned me on to it and I have to say it's pretty good (minus track 5). Even Brooks likes it.
9. I am acting as if the piece of chocolate I ate (before I was too lazy to go get more) is not making my shoulder muscles burn (for my anatomy teacher, I am referring to the first three heads of my trapezius). Hence the reason I hide the chocolate.
10. Showing you what 2.8 seconds in the life of my second-born is like: