Thursday, April 9, 2009

"So, What Do You Do All Day?"

One of the things I relish about my job is the variety. I know this contradicts everything I've written about the routine and monotony of being Resident Project Manager. Nonetheless, both statements are true.

Take this week, for example. It's been hectic because we just got back from a week-long vacation in California the night before Brahm's eighth birthday. Taxes are due next week and I'm still trying to dig my way out of the paperwork I need to prepare for the accountant. I got a call from a local PR firm to see if I can do a photo shoot on Friday, there are two work parties to organize for the community garden and my sister Vicki's first baby made his debut yesterday. And on top of it all, the boys are out of school for spring break. Phew!

But what I really wanted to put down on paper is that while I was on the phone yesterday trying to work out some confusion over the shoot, I swear some little boys in the hallway outside my door were knee-deep in a scheme involving our new chickens and the laundry chute. What more can I say?










5 comments:

Mindy Gledhill said...

Chuckle, chuckle. The laundry shoot? That kills me.

Lou said...

This reminds me of when I was four or five and I dopped Prudence the cat out of a second story bedroom window to see if indeed cats really do land on all fours. They do, just so you know.

eugie74 said...

Just so you know, no animals were harmed in the process! They were handing them off to each other thru the chute by standing atop the dryer to reach.

Jeanette said...

Jenny! I cannot tell you enough how amazing your family is. I just love you guys, and I wish that I could know you even better than I do. I could learn so much from you.

eugie74 said...

We feel the same about you. We need to see each other more often!