Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Gift of the Magi


I bought some new essential oils today and brought Oliver into the kitchen to test 'em out. Ever since he was a toddler, he's had an extraordinary sense of smell and learned early on how to experience the world through his nose. I was excited about two of the bottles, frankincense and myrrh, and wanted him to guess what they were before smelling them.

"They were two of the three gifts the Three Kings brought to Jesus," I hinted.

"Frankincense!" he guessed right away.

"Yep! What else?" I coaxed.

"Gold?"

"Yes, that's one of the gifts but it's not one of my oils, " I answered.

He sat for a moment with a perplexed look on his face. More time passed but still he could not guess the third one. Finally he looked up at me and took a stab in the dark.

"Pot?"

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your blog needs a "like" button!

jai said...

BAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAH!

Sue said...

I love that kid!